Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Deck

In order for me to play constructed Magic I needed to find a decent deck that wouldn't lead to my death at the hands of an angry wife.

I did some research, read some coverage to see what decks have been performing well to try and find a list without too many pricey cards. I also wanted to get something fairly competitive because if I ended up being frustrated I'd just run out and buy something else right away.

I ended up buying the Innistrad Event Deck Hold the Line for $25 along with extra copies of Champion of the Parish , Honor of the Pure , Elite Vanguard and Mirran Crusader to try and make it a little more powerful. All in all I spent right at $60 and ended up with a pretty powerful mono-white deck to bring to Friday Night Magic.

Here's the list, more or less, that I'll be playing for a little while:

Champion of the Parish x 4
Gideon's Lawkeeper x 4
Doomed Traveler x 4
Elite Vanguard x 4
Accorder Paladin x 4
Mirran Crusader x 3
Fiend Hunter x 4

Bonds of Faith x 4
Oblivion Ring x 4
Honor of the Pure x 4

Plains x 21

If I can get my hands on another Mirran Crusader and maybe some Ghost Quarters I'll wiggle some things around. There's not a ton of subtlety there, I play small guys and bash face, but I'll take advantage of anyone who stumbles on mana or gets a bad draw.

My next post will be up soon with some thoughts about my first tournament, Friday Night Magic, so check back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment